How to Receive Services in Missouri

You must first be assessed by the Kansas City Regional Office (KCRO) to determine eligibility for services through the Missouri Department of Mental Health/Developmental Disabilities division. To set up an assessment, contact KCRO at 816-889-3400.

Once eligibility has been determined and funding secured, you may then choose a service provider. As a licensed service provider, we encourage you to seek out information on all available options. We are happy to provide further information about Open Options UCP, schedule a meeting, and provide a tour of our facilities.

Support Service Determination

The type and intensity of support services vary by program and are based on the following:

  • level of need (from 24 hour per day staffing to 2 hours per month)
  • level of funding
  • diagnosis (i.e. people with Prader-Willi Syndrome have specific health and dietary needs)
  • age
  • health status

Public funding for community living services is supplied by:

  • Federal Medicaid (through the Medicaid waiver for Home and Community Based Services)
  • The Missouri Department of Mental Health, Division of Developmental Disabilities
  • County boards (i.e. Developmental Disability Services of Jackson County – EITAS)