How to Receive Services in Kansas

The “single point of entry” into the The Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Program in Kansas is your local Community Development Disability Organization (CDDO). They will determine eligibility and work with the person and/or their family to choose a service provider. If you have a case manager, they can sometimes speed up the process of receiving funding if you are on a waiting list.

Another important step is to apply for Medicaid. Persons with Medicaid automatically qualify for FREE Targeted Case Management and your case manager can help you navigate the sometimes complicated systems.

  • If you are the parent of a minor with a disability who is not on the HCBS waiver, you would fill out the application “For Families and Children.”
  • If you are the person with a disability or you have a minor child on the HCBS waiver, you would fill out the “For Elderly and Persons with Disabilities” application. Only include the information of the person on the waiver.

On the application, there is a spot for you to choose a health plan from Sunflower, Inc., Amerigroup, or United Healthcare. A representative will be assigned to you to help you through your healthcare coordination. You can view their plans under their “Health Plans” tab.