Responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources function. Advises management on all aspects of employment practices. Serves on Executive team, Quality Assurance and Personnel Committee.
- Provides executive-level leadership to the Human Resources (HR) department.
- Ensures Human Resources department operates in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, and policies/procedures.
- Develops and operates within the approved department budget each fiscal year.
- Responsible for the strategic planning of the HR function.
- Regularly reviews organization policies, procedures, and practices as applicable to Human Resources, and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement.
- Develops department goals and ensures regular review through the development and implementation of HR metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develops and implements HR programs in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the organization. This includes ongoing talent development, succession planning, and employee satisfaction initiatives.
- Develops and implements compensation program.
- Reviews compensation structure and conducts benchmarking on an annual basis to ensure internal equity as well as external competitiveness. This includes the completion of salary surveys.
- Ensures ongoing wage and hour compliance.
- Oversees recruitment and hiring process.
- Develops and implements performance management system.
- Administers employee benefits, including health and dental plans as well as the organization’s retirement savings plan and workers’ compensation. Additionally, serves as company representative with external auditors concerning the annual audits of the 403(b) plan and workers’ compensation plans, preparing all documentation as required.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee relations, including performance management/disciplinary action, leave tracking, employee grievances, and general coaching of Open Options management team.
- Manages all aspects of unemployment, including protesting to minimize costs where appropriate.
- Consults with legal counsel, as necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and legislation to ensure organizational compliance.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders, including outside agencies, vendors, and committees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Minimum of five years of Human Resource management experience.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database software programs.
- Highly developed communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to engage in abstract reasoning and problem solving.
- Ability to interpret data and to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Current driver’s license with acceptable driving record and access to reliable transportation to conduct business in the community.
- Ability to manage time effectively and maximize efficiency.