Thank you for the opportunity to provide you or your loved one supports and services. Our organization is committed to providing you with the best quality of service possible and ensuring that our supports are tailored to your specific needs.
If you have questions or need to contact any member of management, our contact information may be found here. Our office location is open Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
If you are served in our Community Living program and need assistance outside of office hours, please contact the on-call at (816) 977-7893
If you are served in our Family Support / Case Management program, please contact your respective Support Coordinator:
Reporting a Grievance
Complete our persons served grievance form here.
Our Policies and Procedures
Our organization has a number of policies and procedures that are important for you to acquaint yourself with. These policies and procedures have been developed to ensure we provide services in a manner consistent with best practices and in compliance with all regulatory requirements. The policies are written for our entire organization, unless specifically indicated in the policy or procedure itself. Policies that indicate “Community Living” or “Community Living programs” include persons served in group home locations, individualized supported living (ISL), and community integration (CI). If you are unsure which service(s) you are receiving, please contact any member of management so we may assist you.
A. Abuse and Neglect
This section covers how our organization defines abuse and neglect and the actions we take to prevent them from occurring. It also includes reporting procedures and how our organization responds in the event of an allegation of abuse or neglect.
If you believe someone in our services has been subjected to any type of abuse, neglect, or wrongdoing, you may report this through a number of ways, including:
• Contact any member of Open Options management by phone or email.
• Contact your Support Coordinator
• If you would like to report your concern anonymously, you may complete this form online. You may also leave a voicemail on the Open Options anonymous reporting line at (816) 983-2255
• Contact the Kansas City Regional Center (Department of Mental Health) at (816) 889-3400
C. Administration – This section covers a number of administrative policies and procedures. A few that we would recommend you review include:
• Management of Individual Person Served Monies Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Prior Approval for Funding Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Cost of Repairs Charged to Persons Served Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Financial Assistance Policy
• Financial Assistance Procedure – Family Support Programs
D. Eligibility and Admissions – This section covers items such as how we determine eligibility for our programs and services, the process for accepting a new admission, the paperwork required for admission, and how we may discharge or transfer a person from our services.
E. Rights of Persons Served – This section covers how our organization ensures the people we support are entitled to rights and autonomy. It also includes how our organization manages rights restrictions if the support team determines they are necessary to ensure health and safety. This section also covers how you may report any complaint, grievance, or concern regarding treatment, living conditions, employee interactions, issue with another person served, or issue with rights. As indicated, this may also be done by submitting this form online.
Additional information on your rights as a citizen may be found here:
F. Emergency Procedures (All Programs) – This section covers our organizations policies and procedures on a number of potential emergency situations, from natural disasters to behavioral crisis, incidents/accidents. It also includes our zero tolerance policy on guns or lethal weapons.
G. Health and Safety – This section covers policies and procedures on how we ensure the health and safety of the people we support and the people we employ. As a person receiving our services, we recommend you review the following specifically:
• Healthcare Management Procedures – Community Living Programs
• Alcoholic Beverages –Person Served Use Policy
• Alcoholic Beverages and Controlled Substances – Person Served Use Procedures
• Tobacco Use Policy
• Tobacco Use and Smoking Regulations Procedure – All Programs
• Food Service and Sanitation Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Household Security and Safety Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Household Cleanliness and Maintenance Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Infection Control Procedure – All Programs
• Illness of a Person Served Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Hospitalization of a Person Served Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Sexuality Policy
• Sexuality Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Seizure Care Procedure – All Programs
• Swimming Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Visitors Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Vacation and Event Planning Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Pets Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Weather Extremes – Cold and Hot Weather Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Water Temperature Safety Procedure – Community Living Programs
• Fireworks – Use & Possession Procedure – All Programs
H. Medication Administration – This section covers how we assist with medication administration for persons we are responsible for doing so. It explains how we administer medications and also how medications are documented, handled, stored, and ordered. It also includes how our organization handles medication errors made by our employees.
If you are planning on being outside of your home and will need to take medications with you, please review the section “Medication Administration Outside of the Home or Program Procedure”.
If you would like to administer your own medications independently, please review the section “ Person Served Self-Administration of Medication Procedure”.
Our organization partners with Heartland Homecare Pharmacy.
I. Individualized Planning – This section covers how we ensure supports are individualized and based on your specific needs. It also covers how we ensure behavior supports are appropriate, least-restrictive, and positive. We do not often use restrictive techniques in a behavior crisis, but if needed to ensure safety, this section outlines how this is done. In most instances, more specific and individualized information is put into the person-centered plan.
J. Support Services for Persons with Prader-Willi Syndrome – This section covers information on Prader-Willi syndrome and how our organization may assist persons with this diagnosis in our programs. Information on individual-specific supports and services may be found in the person-centered plan.
K. Person Served Records – This section covers how our organization stores and maintains documentation and records of the people we support. It also includes how we ensure confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).